NEAHL - Update (July 9, 2020)
- The AGM is postponed until we can meet in person. Hopefully this will be early fall, prior to season starting (updates on this to follow). If there is a new President or new contact people for your association please contact Travis Hall and provide him with any Association contact change information
- New for the 2020-21 Season includes Non - Checking in U15 Tiers 4,5, and 6. This is across our entire league and includes all 6 leagues in Alberta. Read more in the following information bulletin. https://www.hockeyalberta.ca/uploads/source/Bulletins_and_Memos/U15Non-CheckingHockeyFAQ.pdf
- One of the questions that we all need to think about is Non - Checking at the Midget Level tier 5 and 6 - this was only voted on last year as a one-year trial
- The following link is some information for return to Hockey. https://www.hockeyalberta.ca/members/return-hockey/
- Another question I would like you all to think about is with the Tiering Grid and specifically filling as many representatives to Provincials at Tier 1 through 4 some of the questions are as follows
- At Bantam we had 3 Divisions tier 2 (which was split 2 and 1 for provincials and playoffs) and Tier 4 which was split tier 3 and 4 for provincials and playoffs and Tier 5 playoffs
- Question is with only 23 teams how best to fill the representative divisions properly and play enough games ie if we split them between 5 Tiers we would have 4 to 5 teams per tier with a maximum of 4 games ie 4 Teams would result in only playing 12 games (double home and away)
- One suggestion is Tier 2 (split 2 and 1 for playoffs and provincials 6 teams (estimate only) then split other three divisions with average 5 to 6 teams per division with 16 to 20 game season.
- Question is Why start Tier 2 - reason is that we for Provincials we can move up a division but can never move down ie Play season Tier 2 and move up top teams for Tier 1 playoffs
- If any associations have any questions feel free to contact Randy Martin at 780-787-0138
- Ie New changes to Atoms
These are challenging times and such we need to respect everyone’s opinion and ensure that we are keeping everyone safe. Over the next while we will be getting updated to changes and some of the proposed timelines for next year’s hockey outlook. I’m excited and looking forward to seeing the kids back at the rink.