Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How do I get an overage player approved?

The overage form is on the Hockey Alberta website (linked on Details and directions are indicated on the form. The application needs to be first approved by the respective Association President, sent to the Division Governor then submitted to Hockey Alberta for final approval.

What is the proper communication with League reps?

Parent/guardians who have a concern should be working with their respective Team Manager/Coach who will contact the league Deputy Governor - Governor of their division. Refer to the "Communication Protocol" visual under the "NEAHL Information" tab on the Home Page.

The referees at the game made an error - what can I do?

1. Speak with the proper team coaching staff and President of your Association first. The NEAHL supports the Referees incident reports.
2. The next step is to reach out to your Zone Referee Committee which would have a complaint procedure. Here is an example:


Procedure for filing a Complaint in Northeast Zone:
Step One: Letter from team management to:
(a) League, (b) Local Minor Hockey Board, or (c) Hockey Alberta Zone Rep.
Letter must include the following:
1. Date of game
2. Location of Game
3. Names of officials (obtained from the game sheet)
4. Nature of Concern
5. Name, Address (e-mail or home), and Phone Number of concerned person.
Step Two: If league, Local Minor Hockey Board, or Hockey Alberta Zone Rep. feels there is merit to the concern, they will forward the letter to the Zone Discipline Chairman.
Step Three: Investigation into concern by Referee Council.
Step Four: Response to league, Local Minor Hockey Board, or Hockey Alberta Zone Rep. and team management. Once a letter of complaint has been received, the Northeast Zone Discipline Chair, will review the incident with the Discipline Committee. If the letter of complaint is deems to have merit by the Discipline Committee, an investigation will be completed. Once the investigation is complete by the Discipline Committee, a response will be issued to the Team Manager outlining the findings and actions taken.

Hey there, I’m with Viking and we’re new this year. In the past I understand that managers schedule games, not the NEAHL. Is this the case for the coming season?

That is correct. The league will tell the teams what games to schedule and the deadline by which the games must be played.

During the preseason, it will be up to each governor how they want to set the games. Most of them will likely inform the teams of which match ups they want to see played each week. That way, if they find they have a team that seems stronger or weaker than the tier in which it was entered, they can match them against teams in tiers above or below to see how it goes.

Once preseason is done, the league (executive, governors, deputy governors) meet to finalize team placement and determine the schedule. The governors or deputy governors will let the managers know what they need to schedule. A larger tier might just have home and away against every other team. A smaller tier might have home away and a third game. The deadline to finish regular season play will be worked backwards from the provincial dates - champions have to be determined by x date, playoffs will take y weeks, so league play must be done by z.

During playoffs, the managers will again schedule the games according to the playoff format and deadlines.

Usually managers are able to work it out. Occasionally, if they cannot agree, the deputy or governor can step in and decide where the game is or require some rearranging of the schedule to make things work. Some associations have a ton of flexibility in their ice times, and some have very limited ice slots.

Interleague this year was a gong show and did not work the way we had expected it to. It remains to be seen what will happen with that. That may even be what the meeting this evening is about (I'm not sure - I only got the same email that was sent out to the presidents).

Hope this helps,

is there league photographers


If there is an overage player 2nd in the league in scoring can he play in the playoffs?

If you have concerns about an overage player, please have your team manager bring it to the attention of your deputy governor or have your association president or NEAHL contact bring it to the attention of the governor.

How do I check the player standings

Click on the Statistics tab on the team's home page.

How do I sign up to volunteer to be a duty governer

Option 1 - contact your association to let them know that you would like to submit your name as your association's deputy governor volunteer. If a division is in need of deputies, governors will call on those volunteers to fill positions.

Option 2 - if you have a specific division for which you would like to be a deputy, email the governor to let them know that you would be interested in taking on a deputy position if one opens up.

The number of new deputies needed depends on how many returning deputies there are and how many tiers/divisions/sub-divisions we end up with in a season.

Submit your question

2023-24 League Champions

RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information